Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Tornado Watch in affect for E. Tenn and SWVA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Tornado Watch in affect for E. Tenn and SWVA

    In Tennessee the following Counties:Carter,Greene,Hancock,Hawkins,Johnson,Sul livan,Unicoi, and Washington Counties till 9:00 pm tonight...

    In Virginia the following Counties: Buchanan,Dickenson,Lee,Russel,Scott,Washington,Wis e, the Cities of Bristol and Norton also till 9:00 pm tonight.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tornado Watch in affect for E. Tenn and SWVA

    nothing will happen. Which sucks. I mean, yeah I'd hate to see a tornado do some damage or something. But I'm into big storms, I just have a lot of interest in them. Love when it's almost pitch black and the clouds look like they are going to touch the ground... but it's been a while since i've seen some of that stuff...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tornado Watch in affect for E. Tenn and SWVA

    a small twister hit up at the new Walmart shopping center while it was being built. One of the busiesses up that way took a picture of it
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tornado Watch in affect for E. Tenn and SWVA

    I kind of know what you mean. I'd love to see some of the big weather type things, as long as I knew people/property would be safe.

    Watching a tornado would be cool, involved, not so much.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PVLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2004
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tornado Watch in affect for E. Tenn and SWVA

    Bite your tongues!!! Bad weather scares the bejeezus out of me!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tornado Watch in affect for E. Tenn and SWVA

    i love seeing it come monster storms, thing is though, i have no chance of getting flooded, because of my elevation, trust me, if it ever floods up here i better start builing an ark...

    but during the winter we get some deep snow!
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tornado Watch in affect for E. Tenn and SWVA

    My grandfather was in the tornadoe here in RC when he was just young. When I was a little girl, I made my grandparents tell me all about it all the time. I became facinated and terrified. haha. I've gotten over it (mostly anyway) since I've gotten older. A tropical storm was blowing by when I lived at the beach one night and I didn't even wake up...until my roomie told me that the wind had blown our front door wide open. There was leaves and junk everywhere.

    Right now, it's really windy and the clouds are pretty dark here in the Cove.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •